Python Version Strategy?

Bo Vandenberg bosahv at netscapenospam.net
Thu Mar 14 02:56:13 EST 2002

I'm confused by what is going on with the python versions from various
sources.

Python.org has a final 2.2 (I use that) but Activestate has a python 2.1 as
its recommended python and only a 2.2 beta last I looked.

Redhat, and most (all?) of the linux distros seem to be slow to fully
upgrade and I feel like this is raining in my cornflakes.

I'm not even beginning to think of when the next version of python (3?)
comes out.

Anyone think they have inside information on all this?

What's a forward thinking newbie, with no old code to support to do???