Python Web Programming Book?

Jim Dennis jimd at vega.starshine.org
Wed Mar 27 13:41:29 EST 2002

In article <slrnaa3af0.g1f.alf at sagittarius.logilab.fr>,
  Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> Simon Brunning wrote:

>> Steve Holden's "Python Web Programming" sounds *exactly* right for
>> you - it covers web programming (both client & server side) *and*
>> database programming in some depth.

> +1 ! Excellent book.

> Alexandre Fayolle

 I'm guessing that you're preparing to teach classes in Python
 Web Programming.  Based on that assumption:

 Yes.  I would skip Lutz and stick with Steve Holden (who has
 brief but well written introductory chapters before focusing
 on web programming.  Steve's book also has some coverage of Zope,
 though you might add _The_Zope_Book_ from No Starch Press.

 Echoing another response to this message I'd recommend that
 students also get Beazeley's Essential Reference.