win32 extension: rare PythonService problem

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Sun Mar 10 09:50:59 EST 2002

Zihong Lu wrote:

> I use the win32 extension PythonService to write a windows service for
> our project.  The service runs fine on most NT, win2k machines.
> Recently our customers reported that for some PCs, the command "python
> MyService.py start" returned as usual, no traceback, but the service
> did not start at all.

I would suspect permissions. I had a similar experience when
moving a service from a test box to prod. Eventually the sys
admin created a new account and things started working. As a
lowly contractor I wasn't allowed to find out what he
actually did, though ;-(.

-- Gordon
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/