Python/Linux

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Sun Mar 31 23:27:32 EST 2002

* Robert Oschler <Oschler at earthlink.net> [2002-04-01 00:07 -0500]:
> So what then do you think?  BlueFish, Quanta

Last time I checked these didn't do WYSIWYMG.

> WebSphere Homepage builder?

Haven't tried it (it wouldn't run on the version of SuSE I had at the time).

As I said, I personally like very much and use Mozilla Composer for WYSIWYMG
and vim for editing HTML code directly. You should really have a look at
Mozilla, it's *far* better than the editor from Netscape, though it could need
some UI improvements (hiding the less used options in advanced tabs or such).

But I haven't seen anything that comes close to Macromedia's Dreamweaver and
runs on Linux. But then, I don't fuzz with page layout very often - my HTML
design mostly consists of editing .css files :-)

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 5.6 °C      Wind: 1.3 m/s