trackers (was: zlib vulnerabilities and python)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Mar 13 13:17:15 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1016040504.2814.python-list at python.org>,
Trent Mick  <trentm at ActiveState.com> wrote:
>[Michael Hudson wrote]
>>
>> Time to look at roundup again?  The tracker on sf is starting to piss
>> me off (even more).
>
>If you *are* going to get motivated to look at a different tracker *please*
>consider bugzilla. You will find it a much more appropriate than roundup.

Sure!  Knowing nothing about SF trackers (yesterday was my first
submitted bug, I think), roundup, or bugzilla, I think I'm in a perfect
position to evaluate all of them.  Can you explain what makes bugzilla
superior to roundup?  What, if anything, does roundup have that bugzilla
does not?

The way to build large Python applications is to componentize and
loosely-couple the hell out of everything.