Python-2.2.1c1 Build Problems on Linux and AIX.

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Mar 25 07:07:30 EST 2002

ralph at inputplus.demon.co.uk (Ralph Corderoy) writes:

> Hi,
>
> > > With Python-2.2.1c1, I find `make test' fails on my old version of
> > > Linux/x86 and it fails to build on an also old version of AIX.  ...
> > > I can see the problem with the AIX build.  Linux SIGSEGVs in
> > > test_calendar on a call to strftime.
>
> OK, I've raised all the AIX problems on SourceForge now.  By working
> around them I can get a python executable and most of the library.
> (Modules/_cursesmodule.c fails to compile but I'm not sure if is
> intended to be widely buildable.)

I'll try to sort out the AIX mess to the best of my ability, but I
think my priority is more not breaking any other platform...

> The Linux/x86 problem has also been fixed and thanks to Tim an overall
> improvement made, e.g. month_name[0].

Yep.

> Thanks for everyone's help,

Thanks for yours!

Cheers,
M.

--
  You're posting to a Scheme group. Around here, arguing that Java is
  better than C++ is like arguing that grasshoppers taste better than