Python-2.2.1c1 Build Problems on Linux and AIX.

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 24 05:38:43 EST 2002

Hi,

> > With Python-2.2.1c1, I find `make test' fails on my old version of
> > Linux/x86 and it fails to build on an also old version of AIX.  ...
> > I can see the problem with the AIX build.  Linux SIGSEGVs in
> > test_calendar on a call to strftime.

OK, I've raised all the AIX problems on SourceForge now.  By working
around them I can get a python executable and most of the library.
(Modules/_cursesmodule.c fails to compile but I'm not sure if is
intended to be widely buildable.)

The Linux/x86 problem has also been fixed and thanks to Tim an overall
improvement made, e.g. month_name[0].

Thanks for everyone's help,

Ralph.