Deitel and Deitel Book...

Curtis Jensen cjensen at bioeng.ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 5 12:33:39 EST 2002

The only disappointing parts for me were:
The cover, definitly didn't seem targeted to the college crowd, but more
to highschoolers.
No chapters on extending Python with C.
The XML chapters seemed to be an attempt to jump on the band wagon and
sell books.

All in all, I think the book is well written.  The examples are usefull
enough to figure out what is going on without reading the chapter (good
for lazy programmers).  I lent it to a (non-programmer) friend and he
found it more useful than the O'Reilly Python book.

Also, if your main intent for reviewing the book was for the money, I'd
suggest playing the lotto instead.  Don't be so arogant that you think
that your time is so precious as to complain about a temporary,
predeterimined, pay scale.  They were upfront in their monatary
compensation.  If you don't like it, don't review the book.

--
Curtis Jensen
cjensen at bioeng.ucsd.edu
http://www-bioeng.ucsd.edu/~cjensen/