Gurus, I wonder if you can take a look at this source code? Win32...

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Sat Mar 9 22:26:33 EST 2002

G. Willoughby wrote in comp.lang.python:
> Hi,
>     I have started writing a text editor for Win32 platforms

It works fine on Linux simply by not importing win32api. As far as I
can see, you could easily remove all uses of win32api functions. Is it
really needed for tooltips, for example?

> and i wonder if anyone has a few minutes spare just to take a look
> at the source code and give me a little constructive critisism?

I didn't find much to critizize :-)

I've seen this bad practise several times:

try:
    # something
except:
    pass

A better way to do this is to only catch the exceptions that can be
caught there, like IOError or whatever. Catching all exceptions makes
the code difficult to debug and can hide errors for a long time. It's
also a good practise to not only "pass", but log the errors to a
logfile, or simply write the exception to stderr.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930