pyperl -- Arrays to Lists? ...Tuples?

Tim Widowfield taw at dnaco.net
Sat Mar 2 16:44:34 EST 2002

Greetings:

I hope I'm not missing something obvious, but here goes.  I'm calling a
Perl module from a Python script with the aid of pyperl.  Pretty much
everything works as expected, but functions with array return values keep
giving me strings in Python.  In particular, the string is the last value
in the returned array.

I've tried wrapping the function call with "tuple" and "list", but that
only causes the string to break itself up into individual letters.  How
can I force pyperl to understand I'm expecting an array of values and not
just a single string?  Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance.

--Tim Widowfield,
  taw at dnaco.net