shared memory block

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Wed Mar 20 08:19:35 EST 2002

Boris Huart wrote:
> I am trying to allocate a shared memory block from a python script so
> that a Java applet can access the data shared.

This won't work. If it works at all, you'll have to use the C interface
of both Python and Java. Using JNI in a Java applet, if at all possible,
needs serious hacking of your Java and Browser environment.

There sure is a very simple solution to your problem. Except we don't
know what the problem actually is. So please try to describe it.

Do you need to somehow communicate between a Python script and a Java
applet? Then one of XML-RPC, SOAP, CORBA will do the trick. If you have
complex data structures, AFAIK CORBA is best.

Gerhard