wxPython and wxFlexGridSizer problem

Uwe Schmitt uwe at rocksport.de
Wed Mar 27 05:06:15 EST 2002

Jeff Shannon <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote:

| Uwe Schmitt wrote:

|> Cliff Wells <logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net> wrote:
|>
|> | That may be the case, but Jeff brought up some good points.  It looks odd
|> | to create a window in this fashion (it looks procedural rather than OO).  A
|> | more typical approach would be something like:
|>
|> I know what you mean, but I'd like to write a general procedure
|> which generates an input/output mask based on a relational database
|> describption. And this mask may appear in a wxFrame *or* a wxDialog.
|> So I use the "parent" of the mask as a parameter of my function...

| Then create your controls on a wxPanel, and then add that panel to either your
| frame or your dialog.  The wxPanel will have the added benefit that, even in a
| frame, it will handle tabbing between controls, etc, correctly.

Hi Cliff, Hi Jeff,

thanks for your suggestions. As I am quite new to wxPython, I did
not know the class wxPanel.

Greetings, Uwe

Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt                       Uwe.Schmitt at num.uni-sb.de
Universitaet des Saarlandes                     Angewandte Mathematik
Building 36.1 Room 4.17         PO-Box 151150   D-66041 Saarbruecken
Mobile:0177/6806587    Fax:+49(0)681/302-4435   Office:+49(0)681/302-2468