wxPython and wxFlexGridSizer problem

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Tue Mar 26 18:02:11 EST 2002

Cliff Wells wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:47:41 -0800
> Jeff Shannon wrote:
>
> > Cliff Wells wrote:
> >
> > > Also, I notice that your calls to gridSizer.Add are incorrect.  The
> second
> > > argument is supposed to be a boolean flag ....
> >
> > Oooh, I missed that, the first time through.  Actually, though, the
> second
> > argument isn't a boolean, though, it's an integer, which represents the
> > weighting given to that item when expanded.  .....

> Is the meaning of this flag consistent across the different types of
> sizers, or is this only for wxBoxSizer?

AFAIK, it's consistent, though I have almost never used anything other than
wxBoxSizers myself, so I don't want to claim anything I can't prove.  ;)  I
would expect it to work the same in a wxFlexGridSizer, with the added condition
that any column/row is the width/height of the largest element within it, and
presumably the wxGridSizer would make every element the size of the largest one
(since they all must be the same size).

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International