Java and Python

G. Sumner Hayes sumner-nntp5 at forceovermass.com
Wed Mar 20 11:33:47 EST 2002

In article <3C984F44.1090001 at pobox.com>, Ahmed Moustafa wrote:
> May I ask you what the scal for your webapp was? (Because MySQL is
> related to small to mid-size web applications). Is it the same case with
> Python?

Python can scale to very large sites.

Yahoo! email and Yahoo! maps are written in Python.  Substantial parts
of Google are done in Python, though they also have a lot of C back there.

(MySQL is used by some large sites that don't need ACID properties but
do need a fast data store--e.g. slashdot.org)

  Sumner

--
rage, rage against the dying of the light

Usenet email address changes periodically.  sumner-nntp at forceovermass
period com is more permanent.