Newbie: Undefined reference when initializing Python

henrikb666 evil_wicked at ofir.dk
Thu Mar 14 05:41:05 EST 2002

--- In python-list at y..., Michael Hudson <mwh at p...> wrote:
> You need to link to Python; there should be a "-lpython" in there
> somewhere (and probably a "-L/some/path/or/other/" too).
The -l entry in the Makefile should point to the directory with
the libpython2.2.a file, right?

When the file is placed in /home/pos/Python-2.2, what should the
entry look like exactly, because I tried this without success
(yes, I know I am a Linux newbie!):

-lpython
-lpython2.2
-lPython-2.2
-L/home/pos/Python-2.2

Still get errors when compiling, either "cannot find -lpython2.2"
when using -l switches like above, or "undefined reference to
'Py_Initialize' like before when just using the -L swith.

Thanks again,

Best regards,
Henrik Jensen