Python on Windows soon forbidden by Micro$oft?

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 12:59:24 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:06:08 +0100
Gerhard Häring wrote:

> Le 13/03/02 à 09:10, rasmussn at lanl.gov écrivit:
> > On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 02:54 PM, phil hunt wrote:
> > As I was reading Microsoft's license, I thought of it in relation to
> > the GPL.
> > Maybe Microsoft is just covering it's backside so that users of their
> > products won't use it in ways that will break the GPL. [...]
>
> I cannot imagine they'd waste a thought on wether their users break
> other people's/companies licenses, because there's no way Microsoft
> could get into trouble because of that.
>
> So that only leaves that they're spreading FUD intentionally.

Not unlike the shouting at the end of their NT EULA's that warn against
using Java for applications that involve risk of life and limb.  Frankly
I'd be far more concerned about using NT in those applications than whether
the app were written in Java.  Imagine being in a coma for a year and the
hospital having to reboot your life-support once a week.  That would take a
lot of the fun out of it.

As an aside, if I were on life-support, I'd rather have it run by a Gameboy
than a Windows box.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)