Black Adder and PyQt

Wayne Pierce wayne at mishre.com
Sun Mar 3 23:24:40 EST 2002

>>From the BlackAdder readme file:
>>The license of the Beta version prevents run-time components of the
>>Business Edition being distributed with your applications. This
>>restriction will be removed when the final version is released.
>>

> Yes, but _when_ will the final version be released?

Bad form!  You need two __'s on each side! ;)

 > Not that I have anything I might want to distribute, but I see fro my
 > records that I paid for the beta nearly a year ago, and in that time
 > there has been one update, last summer, and since then a resounding
 > silence. It would be a shame if the project just sputtered and died.
 > There are all sorts of unselfish reasons for hoping that some
 > company (or kompany) figures out a way to make money from Linux
 > sometime.

Same here.  I haven't had a need to distribute the software I wrote yet
without source but I may have to in the future; unfortunately I didn't
catch that clause in the readme or I probably wouldn't have bought BA.

Anyone out there have recommendations on a good IDE with form designer,
that's not Beta?  Nothing too fancy...I've tried wxDesigner, but
couldn't figure out that spacer stuff for the life of me.

Wayne

--
Wayne Pierce
web: http://www.mishre.com