Older Python bug entries on SourceForge

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 2 03:44:56 EST 2002

David Bolen <db3l at fitlinxx.com> writes:

> >       So if you have a bug number below 300000, SF will have
> > renumbered the bug by now. They used to have a backwards-compatible
> > URL in place, redirecting to the new report, but they may have
> > disabled that by now.
>
> Is there any way to compute the new number based on the old (e.g., by
> adding some fixed constant or something)?

I believe the following happened: Bugs, with bug-ids 1xxxxx, and URLs
of the form

http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=115845&group_id=5470

have been renumbered to 2xxxxx, with URLs of the form

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470&aid=215845&func=detail

Just try it in this specific case; the redirection is still active.
Patches in the 1xxxxx range have been renumbered to 3xxxxx.

HTH,
Martin