XML-RPC Question

Jesper Olsen jolsen at mailme.dk
Fri Mar 15 02:05:58 EST 2002

"Thomas Weholt" <thomas at gatsoft.no> wrote in message news:<L41k8.70$5Kn.175400448 at news.telia.no>...
> I'm not sure about this, but I think SimpleXMLRPCServer only provide access
> to the methods of the object you "publish", in your example the methods of
> MyClass, nothing else.
>
> system.listMethods() comes from .... .NET ??
>
> I migth be wrong, and if so, please let me know.

No, not from .NET

system.listMethods() is from the XML RPC introspection API
- se section 11.20.1 in the python reference doc

It is nice to have when connecting to servers you have not written yourself.

It should be very easy to support it in the SimpleXMLRPCServer,
but I guess it is not quite a standard, so they did not bother

Cheers
Jesper