Standalone CGI Server - Question for Group

Sloth mt_horeb at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 20:29:38 EST 2002

I've been working on finding a way of getting a CGI server, written in
Python, to work on a WinME laptop.  I've read through many posts
describing problems with the CGIHTTPServer module, and I've
experienced them as well.  However, since I would love to be able to
use a Python module to serve basic HTTP and CGI, I'd like to know if
anyone has had luck creating such a beast and/or if there are any tips
to get CGIHTTPServer to function.

I've looked at Apache, Xitami, Zope, Medusa, et. al and think they are
wonderful applications.  On the other hand, they are overkill for what
I want to be able to do - have Python start a CGI server, serve a
page, get form data, get data from a database, and display dynamic
content.  I don't need anything industrial strength, just something
that can handle a single user.

Any thoughts?  I sincerely appreciate everyone's help!

Jeremy.