distutils question

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 06:54:06 EST 2002

Brian Kelley wrote:

> I'm trying to bundle some example files using distutils and have been
> running into some problems.
>
> setup(name="frowns",
>       version="0.2",
>       package_dir = {'':".."},

>        data_files=[('examples', ['examples/example1.py',
>                                  'docs/frowns.html']

Take a look at Manifest.in and setup.py from
http://www-hep.colorado.edu/~fperez/ipython/ (go to the downloads link). My
solution is a bit kludgy, but it works for a problem very similar to what you
have. You can also use Martin's PyXML, but that's a bit 'heavier'. My
approach isn't nearly as flexible as what his will give you, but only uses
standard distutils plus two or three lines of extra python code.

Cheers,

f.