Q: Status of MySQL & Python?

John Hall wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net
Sun Jun 30 23:12:39 EDT 2002

I'm a python newbie, recently discovered PythonCard, and, perhaps
unwisely with so little experience, am considering PythonCard & MySQL
on Windows 2000 Pro for a small DB aplication.

I have Python22, wxWindows, PythonCard & MySQL (just today) apparently
working OK.

When trying to run the dbBrowser from Samples, MySQLdb/__init__.py
does a traceback in line #27 because _mysql is not found. Sure 'nuff,
I don't have that. I do have souce C source: _mysql.c

Q1: Do I need to do something to build _mysql from something?
I can't find one ready to roll on the 'net.

q2: I get the impression that support for MySQL with Python is less
robust and up-to-date for Windows than Linux et al. Is it feasible and
wise to persue this?

--
John W Hall <wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net>
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.