Creating Dynamic Web Pages (ZOPE)

robin at execulink.com robin at execulink.com
Sat Jun 22 18:04:46 EDT 2002

"Max M" <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote ...

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>That's been my experience too. I have certainly been no fan of WTSIWYG
>tools, FrontPage having made my life a misery for some short time before I
>abandoned it. DreamWeaver does seem to be in a rather different class,
>though not perfect. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Well, I have tried it. In my role as web app designer and project
leader I have also had to deal with Dreamweavered code from
consultants. I can recognise the mess at a distance...

To me this argument is similar to saying that Perl is a great
language, because although you can write obsfucated code you don't
have to.

But I prefer Python because for the most part it encourages good
coding practices. IMO, a text editor with templating language
encourages good markup practices.

Perl, Dreamweaver, et al. encourage write-only documents and are
especially ill-suited to teamwork.

-- robin