Creating Dynamic Web Pages (ZOPE)

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Jun 18 16:54:26 EDT 2002

"Max M" <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote ...
> robin at execulink.com wrote:
>
> > I would very much advise against DreamWeaver and similar tools that
> > pretend designing web pages is a WYSIWYG activity, which it certainly
> > is not.
>

> I beg to differ Sire!
>
> Dreamweaver is a very fast and convenient way to edit html. If you know
> what you do, your code is just as clean as handcrafted html. There is
> nothing in html that you cannot tweak in Dreamweaver.

That's been my experience too. I have certainly been no fan of WTSIWYG
tools, FrontPage having made my life a misery for some short time before I
abandoned it. DreamWeaver does seem to be in a rather different class,
though not perfect. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/