Python to MS SQL Server

David Mitchell djmitchell at NOSPAM.optushome.com.au
Thu Jun 20 18:14:20 EDT 2002

I'm working on a project with a bunch of Microsoft Consulting Services
guys, and the very clear message from them is that DBLIB is either going
to be made redundant, or already is redundant (can't remember which -
dealing with MCS guys for months on end has that sort of
"time shifting/mind altering" effect.  I've learned not to ever talk to
them about .NET, since in their minds it's proven stable technology and
millions of applications worldwide are already using it!).

In any case, DBLIB probably won't break after all these years, but it may
conceivably disappear in the next couple of releases of SQL Server.  MS
certainly won't be fixing any security problems or bugs with it; that
much was made extremely clear

You might want to consider this if you're embarking on new development
work

Regards

Dave Mitchell