RES: latex-tex-packages

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Thu Jun 20 09:10:34 EDT 2002

Alves, Carlos Alberto - Coelce wrote:

Please don't do that and configure your mail-/newsreader to send text-only.

> Thanks,
> Pardon me, but I forgot to say it's to install in my linux box at home. So I
> appreciate packages for linux box based on debian distribuition (I use
> kernel series 2.4).

I'd let the Debian package management worry about the dependencies, and just

$ apt-get install lyx

which will install the tetex-bin, among others.

Btw. my preferred frontend to the Debian package management system is aptitude.
Or you can use the somewhat clumsy, but powerful dselect to select packages to
install.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0