WIN32 Decimal point/coma

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jun 3 18:40:55 EDT 2002

Kaci Tizi Ouzou wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am having a problem running my application on Win32
> for if in the regional settings the user changes the
> decimal dot to say ',' then floating point operations
> do not work anymore!!!
>
> After few experiments, I came to the conclusion that, it is
> at 'compile' time that the dot/coma is decided. This means
> if one compiles py files with dot as the decimal 'separator'
> and then changes the settings so that coma is the new separator
> then the code won't work anymore!
>
> My question is:
>
> Is there a call to make so that to ignore the regional settings ?
>
> Is there a solution/suggestion for this problem?
>
> Thanks all

Can you please provide some code that demonstrates your problem?  I have
seen this with external apps controlled by Python - for example, if your
Python code tries to put a value of "1,2" into an Excel cell, this may
be treated as 1.2 if your regional settings specify a comma as a decimal
separator.

So please provide some pure Python code (not using external apps) that
demonstrates your problem...

Thanks,

Mark.