WIN32 Decimal point/coma

Kaci Tizi Ouzou kaci_tizi_ouzou2000 at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 3 09:14:08 EDT 2002

Greetings all,

I am having a problem running my application on Win32
for if in the regional settings the user changes the
decimal dot to say ',' then floating point operations
do not work anymore!!!

After few experiments, I came to the conclusion that, it is
at 'compile' time that the dot/coma is decided. This means
if one compiles py files with dot as the decimal 'separator'
and then changes the settings so that coma is the new separator
then the code won't work anymore!

My question is:

Is there a call to make so that to ignore the regional settings ?

Is there a solution/suggestion for this problem?

Thanks all