Medium to Large Scale Python Deployments

Michael Chermside mcherm at destiny.com
Fri Jun 7 10:30:03 EDT 2002

Folks, I think this is a pretty useful thing to collect.

In fact, it might be really nice to collect a list of large (successful)
Python projects and post it somewhere so the Python community could use
it for advocacy.

So do me a favor... if you have (or know of) a large Python project
which you think our community ought to be bragging about, please either
post it to this thread or email it to me. I'll collect the list, and
then see if I can get it posted somewhere appropriate. Please run
pycount (http://starship.python.net/crew/gherman/playground/pycount/ )
as "pycount.py -R *.py" on the top of your source tree, (or modify that
appropriately for your project!).

The exact definition of "large" is fairly vague... I'd say 30K loc is
borderline and 50K loc is definitely big.

Please note that the project does NOT need to be open-source or freely
available to qualify!!!

If I get at least 8 responses, I'll assume there's sufficient interest,
and arrange to get it posted.

Alternatively, if such a list already exists, let me know where, and
I'll volunteer to help update and promote it.

Here's what I have so far:

Project      Size(Kloc)  URL
Zope            ???      http://www.zope.org/
twisted         >50      http://www.twistedmatrix.com