Medium to Large Scale Python Deployments

Mike Romberg romberg at smaug.fsl.noaa.gov
Fri Jun 7 13:26:48 EDT 2002

     > Folks, I think this is a pretty useful thing to collect.  In
     > fact, it might be really nice to collect a list of large
     > (successful) Python projects and post it somewhere so the
     > Python community could use it for advocacy.

     > So do me a favor... if you have (or know of) a large Python
     > project which you think our community ought to be bragging
     > about, please either post it to this thread or email it to
     > me.

  I'm working on a project which is is a mix of C++ and python.
Currntly the python part of it is:

python ~/pycount.py -R "*.py"
   lines    code     doc comment   blank  file
     35       6       0      20       9 ./data/textFiles/GFECONFIG/Gweight.py
   1390     264       0     937     189 ./data/textFiles/GFECONFIG/gfeConfig.py

[snip]

  134062   88680    3160   24281   17941  total

  The code is for a weather forecast system being developed for the
national weather service:

http://www-md.fsl.noaa.gov/eft/

Mike Romberg (romberg at fsl.noaa.gov)