PythonWin Problem!

Ethan ethanw at rediffmail.com
Thu Jun 13 18:55:09 EDT 2002

I have been using ActiveState's port of Python for a while. PythonWin
has been very helpful. Since a couple of days PythonWin developed a
problem. When I start it, it appears in the taskbar and tray but does
not appear on the screen.

My Win98 did recently develop a problem which prevents me from getting
the right click menu on the taskbar entries. This was secondary to
some registry cleaning I did. I am not sure if this is related to
Pythonwin problem but all others apps are working fine. I do get the
menu for the tray icon and the "Close Program" window does not say
"not responding"

I uninstalled Python - deleted the Python21 folder and reinstalled. It
did not help. Any suggestions? I really prefer PythonWin over IDLE.