Python+ASP->import problem

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Jun 20 02:51:11 EDT 2002

Järvinen Petri wrote:

> When importing my modules, I always get AttributeError for attributes that
> surely exist on imported module.
>
> <clip>
> Response.Write(enactHTML.defineCSS('Enact Main'))
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'defineCSS'
> </clip>

I'll betcha that that your module has a bug, or that it imports another
module which has a bug.

If the module encounters errors during import of other modules, it
registers it's own name in the module list but is only an empty "zombie"
module. As far as I understand. So your module seems to be imported
allright in your asp page, but it really is not.

Then this rather cryptic message can appear, as your page cannot find
the attribute in the "zombie" module.

Hmm ... hope this was clear enough.

regards Max M