Problem with wxPython

Stephane Larouche steph_lar at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 11 10:18:42 EDT 2002

"Roman Yakovenko" <romany at actimize.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1023629412.29376.python-list at python.org>...
> Could you post small piece of code. I have some computer configuration
> and it works fine to me. Also try Boa IDE. It is very helpful.
>
> Roman

As I said in my previous message, I do run wxPython on the same
configuration on 3 other computers. But, on one of my computers, the
fastest one, wxPython crashes on wxFrame.__init__ if the style
includes wxMAXIMIZE_BOX, wxRESIZE_BOX, wxSYSTEM_MENU or
wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE. For exemple, the wxPython demo crashes on

wxFrame.__init__(self, parent, -1, title, size = (800, 600),
style=wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE|wxNO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)

in the file Main.py. This demo works perfectly well on the other
computers. Compiled software (with py2exe) also crashes.

Maybe i'll try Boa, but I don't think it will solve the problem. The
problem isn't the code. The code runs on every other computer I tried.
The problem is probably coming from an incompatibility of wxPython
with something else I have on my computer, I just can't figure out
what! Anybody's help is welcome, I'm close to reformat my hard-drive
and verify between every software installation if wxPython still works
in order to identify the conflict.

Thank you for your help!

Stephane Larouche
steph_lar at videotron.ca