Problem with wxPython

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Tue Jun 11 10:40:27 EDT 2002

Assuming that you're using the exact same distributions of python, wxwindows
and wxpython on all 4 computers, what might be different at the OS level? I
would make sure that the build levels on the C/C++ runtime dll's are the
same and that the same build and service packs for IE are on all 4
machines - IE has a way of quietly updating OS components without bothering
to mention it. Another potential problem is that the OS's may be not _quite_
the same - MS also has the habbit of changing what's on the install CD in
mid-production without mentioning it or changing the SKU. If none of those
apply, do all 4 machines have the same Intel or AMD brand CPU (not worried
about speed difference, only vendor). If you compiled on one brand with
brand-specific optimizations (they do exist - there are even CPU step
optimizations for a single chip!). This is somewhat of a wild shot though...

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA