python version?

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Wed Jun 19 10:20:44 EDT 2002

[George Hester]
> Yes basically I wanted it handed to me on a platter.

What I can't figure out is how come you didn't put 10% of the energy you
spent in defending yourself into solving your problem?  Heck, if you'd have
done that you might actually have been able to write a useful tutorial or
mini-FAQ.  Instead, you've probably got people wondering whether we will yet
Rue the day.  ;-)

I mean, fer chrissakes, this thread is how many posts long when all of the
Python-related knowledge it contains can be summed up like this:

Q:  How do I tell what version of Python I'm using?
A:  Here's how:

  import sys
  print sys.version

Of course, who am I to suggest there might be better ways to spend your
time.  I mean, it's not like my reply here is actively helping me solve my
own problems.  <wink>

You mentioned you're not interested in learning Python.  That's unfortunate.
I personally think it's a great language and has a lot to offer.  I won't
hold it against you if you change your mind.

To each his own, though.

Cheers,

// m

-