Could someone submit this to the sf-bug tracker, please?(Was: Re: __imul__ broken for 'objects' in 2.2.1)

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Mon Jun 10 13:33:27 EDT 2002

>     >> Hmm.  You should file a bug on sf so this doesn't get forgotten
>     >> (unless it's already been reported, but I don't think so).
>
>     Alexander> Well yes, but then I *can't* which is why I've posted the
>     Alexander> previous message.
>
>     Alexander> I tried again today, but logging in from the submission form
>     Alexander> has no effect, I'm back to the same form that tells me to
>     Alexander> "please log-in" *after* I have completed the log-in step (if
>     Alexander> I submit the wrong password, however I do get an error
>     Alexander> message). I've tried 3 different browsers (mozilla .94,
>     Alexander> konqueror and netscape 4.7)
>
> Do you have cookies enabled?

I had cookies enabled for konqueror (it was the first thing I made sure, after
encountering the problem), but I must admit that I stupidly forgot to check
again later when I tried it with mozilla and netscape and it turns out that I
hadn't.  It doesn't seem possible to submit a bug report with the version of
konqueror I'm using, but it worked OK with netscape just now and the bug
report is now finally filed. My excuses for not figuring this out earlier.

>     Alexander> If my problems don't reflect the weirdness of the proxy I'm
>     Alexander> forced to use, I'd really suggest that either the decision
>     Alexander> not to allow anonymous bug reports should be reviewed again.
>
> This is really not an option.  Far too often an incomplete bug report would
> be filed.  When a python developer wanted more input there was nobody
> listening.   There was then no choice but to close the bug report
> unresolved.

Pitty, but understandable.

alex