M2Crypto: select() behaves weird on SSL sockets

Irmen de Jong irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl
Thu Jun 13 18:16:15 EDT 2002

Kragen Sitaker wrote:

 > Irmen, why aren't you using asyncore?
 >
 > For those of us who use asyncore, an asyncore.dispatcher-compatible
 > wrapper around an M2Crypto socket that you could hand to asyncore and
 > hang handlers on would probably be sufficient.

My system (Pyro) is built around threads all the way.
Switching to asyncore/medusa requires a big restructuring of
my code, and that wasn't part of the plan for the next release of Pyro.

I'm still not certain if asyncore/medusa fits my requirements for Pyro,
but perhaps it is worthwile to investigate this for a future release.
(I need to be able to accept new connections, and start processing
the requests, while Pyro is still busy processing other requests.
I don't see how asyncore can do this. And if we're running on a
multi-processor box, how can asyncore take advantage of the extra CPUs?)

Irmen