PIL, Python and CGI

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Mon Jun 24 00:01:09 EDT 2002

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Jones <rjones at ekit-inc.com> writes:

Richard> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:02, Sascha Ferley wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Richard Jones wrote: > Your web server
>> environment most likely doesn't have /usr/local/lib in > its
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>>
>> You probly mean Apache... I'll take a look for at the conf files
>> for it..  Any ideas where to statically define the lib paths for
>> apache.. i doubt in the httpd.conf file..

Richard> You've basically got three choices as I see it:

Richard> 1. recompile PIL to statically link libjpeg etc.
Richard> 2. recompile PIL to use -R (or whatever the flag is) so it
Richard> remembers where the dynamic libs are 3. modify your apache
Richard> start script to set the environment var appropriately.

Richard> 1 or 2 are going to be the easiest, and safest options.

Number 3 is pretty easy.  Use the SetEnv directive in your Apache
config.

        http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_env.html#setenv

- Dave

--