PIL, Python and CGI

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Sun Jun 23 23:08:33 EDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:02, Sascha Ferley wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Richard Jones wrote:
> > Your web server environment most likely doesn't have /usr/local/lib in
> > its LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> You probly mean Apache... I'll take a look for at the conf files for it..
> Any ideas where to statically define the lib paths for apache.. i doubt in
> the httpd.conf file..

You've basically got three choices as I see it:

1. recompile PIL to statically link libjpeg etc.
2. recompile PIL to use -R (or whatever the flag is) so it remembers where the
dynamic libs are
3. modify your apache start script to set the environment var appropriately.

1 or 2 are going to be the easiest, and safest options.

    Richard