Python hits the spot

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at
Sat Jun 22 10:49:21 EDT 2002

John Hunter wrote:

> You are jumping in to the deep water pretty fast, wrapping external
> code with SWIG and F2PY.  When I first started wrapping my C++
> classes, I encountered some system freezes as well.

They work on Windows and they work on Linux under Python (normally). I
have tested the functions
(I can even plot the phase with Dislin of the Mie results).

Note: the first 20 minutes everything went on right (including the two
external functions). On Windows after the first wavelength the system
sucks down too, but it keeps up.

> If you post some code, you might get some real help, as well as advice
> on how to debug where the freezes are occurring and why.  There is
> support for debugging mixed language code.

I can send you the code (without) data, but that won't cure the
situation. I do not believe that you are happy with maybe 1000 lines of
bad commented code.

S. Gonzi