Windows versions of Python---pros and cons?

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 19:01:03 EDT 2002

Tom Loredo wrote:

> I've been using Python heavily on a Solaris box and a Mac for a
> few years now.  For reasons I'll spare you from, I now am venturing
> into Windows territory (a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop, if that matters).

If you're an old unix hand and want to preserve your sanity, you have two

1- put linux on that laptop and be happy.
2- if (1) is not an option for some reason, put cygwin on it. At least you'll
have a decent working environment. If you have to work in the normal,
crippled windows environment, that laptop is going to suffer a painful death
after being hurled through the nearest window very soon :)

Cheers,

f.