Problems with mayavi, pyvtk

Lemniscate d_blade8 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:25:25 EDT 2002

Hi everybody,

I just downloaded and installed the latest versions of pyvtk and
mayavi.  However, when I try to follow the instructions at
http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/docs/guide/c827.html#VIZ-DATA for using
mayavi, I get the ImportError as below.  For the like of me, I can't
seem to figure out why I don't have any vtkpython modules anywhere
(doing searches on the internet for the module hasn't been a big help
so far, and it isn't ANYWHERE on my harddrive).  Am I missing
something simple (the fact that other people don't seem to be having
this problem makes me think I am).  Please let me know.  Thanks a
bunch.

Lem

>>> import mayavi
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\mayavi\__init__.py", line 5, in
?
    import Common, Base.Objects
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\mayavi\Base\__init__.py", line
19, in ?
    import Objects
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\mayavi\Base\Objects.py", line
20, in ?
    import Tkinter, vtkpython, math, tkColorChooser
ImportError: No module named vtkpython