Python 2.2.1

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jun 17 20:45:02 EDT 2002

> Dave wrote:
>
> Hi, I am 12 years old and would like to begin learning Python
> over the summer.

Hi Dave!  I sure wish I'd discovered Python when I was
twelve... of course, it didn't exist yet. :-(

Other replies have already covered the core question, so I'll
add two off-topic comments.

1. Please try to turn off "HTML" mode when posting messages here.
The messages are mirrored to the ASCII-based Usenet newsgroup
comp.lang.python (in case you're using the mailing list) and
non-ASCII messages are a problem for many readers.  In Outlook you
can do this under the menu Tools -> Options -> Mail Format.

2. Please reply to let people know you've succeeded in following
their advice.  The payback for all the folks who spend their
time replying to questions comes when they know their efforts
paid off for the original poster!

Good luck, :-)

-Peter