Where is Berkeley DB on your system? Can you live without DB 1.85?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jun 10 11:57:37 EDT 2002

    Tim> It wasn't known to be badly damaged at the time it was first
    Tim> shipped, and now it's supplied for backward compatibility.  A
    Tim> better alternative would be most welcome, but PythonLabs has no
    Tim> bandwidth to work on it.

Perhaps a goodhearted member of the community could be persuaded to build a
.pyd file using the 1.86 patch.  It changes the file format, but fixes the
hash implementation bugs.  Check here (bottom of page):

    http://www.sleepycat.com/update/index.html

I'm not sure (and don't really care) about any license implications.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)
Boycott Netflix - they spam - http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/netflix.html