distutils and distributing "scripts"

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at ute.mems-exchange.org
Wed Jun 5 12:18:40 EDT 2002

In article <adl4e4$19ep$1 at news.adamastor.ac.za>,
	Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
> just the py_modules. The docs seem to confirm this. How do I get my .pyw
> file distributed, do I really have to go and do all that MANIFEST.in stuff,
> just for this one file?

You could just write a MANIFEST file that lists all of the files to be
included, one per line.  That's less complicated than writing a
MANIFEST.in, but it's also more error-prone if you add or remove files
a lot, because you'll have to edit the MANIFEST file each time.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
>From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.
    -- H.P. Lovecraft, "The Shunned House"