Creating Dynamic Web Pages (ZOPE)

Michael Gilfix mgilfix at eecs.tufts.edu
Fri Jun 7 00:32:17 EDT 2002

  Hiya!

On Thu, Jun 06 @ 21:16, Hugh Cowan wrote:
> I don't know if ZOPE would fit my situation or not.  I know that it is
> / can be used to create complex E-commerce sites, but I am wondering
> if it is overkill for what I need done.  Would I be better off trying
> to find some sort of RAD Web Tool instead (anyone have any good
> suggestions) ?

  I think Zope is definitely the way to go as it is designed to
address exactly what you need and easily. Zope allows you to add
'drop-in' components to your web service (such as an SQL query,
or called a 'ZSQL query' in Zope-speak), which tends to be a big
time saver, and then reference that query to dynamically produce a
webpage. More so, it allows for easy remote management with delegation
of roles and authority to multiple parties; seems like a good way to
structure your intranet.

                     -- Mike

--
Michael Gilfix