Creating Dynamic Web Pages (ZOPE)

Hugh Cowan hwcowan at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 7 00:16:22 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am not exactly sure where to post this question -- the only
reference that I could find for ZOPE in the Newsgroups is here.  I
appologize if this is not the correct place.

I have the situation where I need to create a simple Intranet for my
company to display dynamic / data driven web-pages.  We are running a
Windows NT network with MS-SQL Server and IIS.

I had originally thought of using ASP (Server Side Scripting) to
generate the dynamic web-pages.  While I know how to create the
Intranet using ASP, I have yet to find any RAD type Web-Tools that
will allow me to quickly and easily generate the ASP pages required,
and I don't fancy using the Notepad approach either.

My scenario is typical where I need to put together a company Intranet
with a few front end Web-Pages where users can select information,
various links, and enter search criteria.  The information is then
retrieved from the MS-SQL Server and the results are sent back to the
user.  It's nothing fancy, no shopping carts, or remembering sessions
states, etc.. just really a simple front-end interface for
non-technical people to easily retrieve information.

I don't know if ZOPE would fit my situation or not.  I know that it is
/ can be used to create complex E-commerce sites, but I am wondering
if it is overkill for what I need done.  Would I be better off trying
to find some sort of RAD Web Tool instead (anyone have any good
suggestions) ?

Thanks so much,

Hugh