Embed terminal into a Tkinter application

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Jun 24 20:02:49 EDT 2002

In article <Xns9237F055C1CABcliechtigmxnet at 62.2.16.82>,
Chris Liechti  <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote:
>Fabien Hénon <ffjhenon at club-internet.fr> wrote in
>news:3D1758B4.8FA63EBE at club-internet.fr:
>
>> The title says it all.
>> Has someone already managed to include a Linux terminal into a Tkinter
>> GUI ?
>>
>> Redirecting the output of a console into the application does not do
>> what I want.
>
>well, what do you want? let us help you!
>
>there is also popen[2,3,4] - you can also redirect stdin.
>
>chris
>
>--
>Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>

My guess is he wants an xterm(-like thing) in a Tkinter frame.

Information on the subject appears in <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/xterm >.
I haven't made the time to translate this into idiomatic Python.  Speak
up if you need help doing so.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net