Win32/Python serial port event character problem

Derek Basch dbasch at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 16:19:35 EDT 2002

Chris,
I had a quick question about flow control in
serialwin32.py. On line 120,:
http://www.geocities.com/dbasch/flowcontrol.txt
if RTSCTS is selected by the user then RTS and DTR are
enabled (with handshaking). Why are both RTS and DTR
enabled? If RTSCTS is not selected by the user then
the RTS and DTR lines are still enabled but nothing is
done with them. Can you explain why? OK, so that was 2
questions :).

Thanks once again,
Derek T Basch

news:mailman.1025380000.22796.python-list at python.org: