Debug version crashing...

tALSit de CoD talsit at talsit.org
Tue Jul 30 22:32:41 EDT 2002

Hi guys!
I'm writing a small DLL thingy that requieres the use of loading the Python
interpreter and executing a series of scripts. I have generated an
interface to my dll with SWIG and put it in. It works like this:

1) a small .exe loads the .dll and calls the main init() function
2) the dll starts up some services, among them Py_Initialize ()
3) i tell python to execute: execfile("kikura.py") (kikura.py is the file
that SWIG generates for the shadow classes)

All this works in the release version, but in the debug version i get this
error message along with an assert failure:
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

Now, this might due to a fault of mine, but...
The thing is that the windows installer of python didn't come with debug
libraries or .dll, so i downloaded the python source, and compiled those,
and am using those for the debug, but the original instalation ones for
release version.

Can anyone help?
Thanx